Michelle Hardaway, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Table of contents
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Hardaway, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.), is a graduate of the Wayne State University School of Medicine and she also holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Michigan.
She has served in the plastic surgery and burn departments of several hospitals and has written and lectured widely on complicated surgical issues. She is presently involved in training plastic surgery residents at Wayne State University and Providence Hospital.
She completed her residency in the general surgery department of North Shore University Hospital, an affiliate of Cornell Medical Center in New York. She also completed a burn fellowship at Wayne State and a plastic surgery residency at Nassau County Medical Center in New York.
She is an assistant clinical professor of surgery in Wayne State’s department of plastic and reconstructive surgery. She also was chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Detroit’s Receiving Hospital and director of its burn center.
Dr. Hardaway is affiliated with several major hospitals in the Detroit metropolitan area, including Beaumont Hospital, Providence Hospital and Harper Hospital.
She is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, as well as a certified general surgeon, holding medical licenses in Michigan and New York.
She has won several honors in the medical profession, tutored at the University of Michigan and Wayne State, trained plastic surgery residents at Wayne State and Providence Hospital, and has published papers, as well as lectured on a variety of issues related to general, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Hardaway’s skills as a plastic and cosmetic surgeon have not only won her honors, but have also caused individuals from as far away as Japan to see the benefits of coming to her for their surgery.
- Senior Citizens Get More Plastic Surgery Procedures, Particularly Tummy Tucks, Given Improving Economy
- Ambulatory Abdominoplasty Tailored to Patients With an Appropriate Body Mass Index
- Cosmetic Procedures Seeing Small Uplift
- Plastic Surgery Gaining Acceptance in the African American Community
- Buttock enhancement with fat injections, why not use that unwanted fat?
- Laser Cosmetic Skin Treatments
- Skyrocket in Popularity
- Facial Rejuvenation With Fat Injections
- Don’t Like Your Nose?
- Consider Rhinoplasty
- B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- General Surgery Residency: North Shore University Hospital, Cornell Medical Center, Manhasset, NY,
- Burn Fellowship: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI,
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, Wayne State University, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – present appointment
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Wayne State University, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – past appointment
Previous Hospital or other Professional Appointments:
- Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Director of Burn Center, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Detroit MI
Major Professional Societies:
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Detroit Medical Society
- Michigan Academy of Plastic Surgery
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- National Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Oakland County Medical Society
- Wayne State University Alumni Association
- Board Certified: Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified: General Surgery
- Beaumont Hospital
- Providence Hospital
- St. John Hospital
- Detroit Medical Center Hospitals (Haper, Grace, Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital and Hutzel Hospital).