Pregnancy and breastfeeding can have common side effects on the body, such as loose skin, stretched muscles, and sagging breasts. Sometimes, these cannot be changed with exercise and diet alone. A “mommy makeover” is a common term for a combination of procedures that address common side effects of pregnancy all over the body.
A mommy makeover is a type of cosmetic surgery that can be a good option to return the body back to its pre-pregnancy look. This procedure is used to restore the figure to a pre-baby shape after having children, bringing the body closer to its pre-pregnancy appearance. This procedure is not a substitute for weight loss, and should not be treated as such.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
A full mommy makeover includes a tummy tuck, breast enhancement, breast lift and occasionally liposuction.
- Sometimes, liposuction is performed instead of a tummy tuck, depending on the patient.
- The procedure can also include a thigh lift and a Brazilian Butt Lift.
- The procedures are performed during a single operation, so that there is only one recovery period.
Mommy Makeover Video Testimonial
Though, if needed for safety reasons, the surgeries can be performed in multiple sessions. These procedures can be combined with others, and catered to fit each patient’s needs. Dr. Hardaway will find a combination of procedures that fits your goals and needs during your consultation.
Mommy Makeover Is A Complete Body Enhancement Surgery
As we age, our buttocks gradually change shape by drooping and sagging. This can have harmful effects on one’s self image and sense of attractiveness. Although previously there was no real answer for this aging process, Dr. Hardaway offers a surgical procedure that can help an individual look and feel more positive about their body.
There are various buttock lift methods and procedures that can be performed by Dr. Hardaway and show positive success, based on your specific goals, expectations and desires. Liposuction, implants and lifts are all used to sculpt the buttocks region into a desired shape.
How Long Is The Recovery?
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks. Combining multiple procedures leads to a longer surgery time, and a potentially greater risks of complications after the surgery. These include risks of infection, swelling, bleeding, and bruising after the procedure, as well as possible scarring. Following the doctor’s instructions closely during recovery can help reduce the risk of these complications.
Are You A Candidate For A Mommy Makeover Surgery?
You should always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before considering this kind of procedure. Although Dr. Hardaway will answer all of your questions during your free consultation, below are some things to consider:
- Typically, a tummy tuck is the most extensive procedure that is included in a mommy makeover, and will have the most intensive and longest recovery period. A surgical garment is worn for at least 3 to 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Driving is not allowed until cleared by the doctor, and you have stopped certain medications after the surgery.
- Avoid vigorous exercise and heavy lifting until cleared by the doctor.
- Do not begin exercise until cleared by the doctor.
- Lifting will likely be restricted for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.
- If you are planning a procedure and have very young children, keep in mind that you might need to have someone else carry them during the recovery process.
- Post-operative changes can occur up to 3 to 6 months after the procedure, though this varies depending on the procedures performed.
The results from a mommy makeover will last for years. However, things like weight gain can affect the results of the surgery. There is no guarantee that your surgery results will last if you become pregnant again, so it is a good idea to wait until you are done having children to have the surgery. Following the doctor’s instructions closely after surgery, as well as maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen will help you achieve the best results from your surgery.